Thursday, July 23, 2009

Peace Corps Honduras/DR/Miami

For those of you that don't know/don't understand/didn't listen when I told you the first time, here is a play by play of my life for the past couple weeks.
  • I was nominated to Peace Corps Honduras early 2k9. woooo
  • The weekend before I was supposed to leave for Honduras I had an amazing going away party (thanks kids). While we were at brunch I found out that there was a coup in Honduras (thanks to all of you that simply replied "it figures" or "they must know you are coming" or "if you didn't have bad luck you would have no luck at all").
  • I flew to Miami for staging despite the coup and we found out that we would be going to the Dominican Republic instead of Honduras for the first few weeks so that the coup-ers could calm down (because that frequently happens within a week?)
  • I lived in the DR for 3 weeks with a host family while doing language training etc (more on that later).
  • I flew out to Miami, headed towards Honduras when we were told we actually weren't going to Honduras.
  • So now I am in Miami. I'll holler when I'm in Honduras.
This doesn't seem like honduras...

No comments:

Post a Comment