Saturday, September 26, 2009

fíjese que...

So in Honduras fíjese que is a very popular phrase. It basically means “sorry bout it…” or “I was going to BUT…” It pretty much excuses you from anything and everything. For example, say you agreed to go out to dinner with someone but you didn’t really want to. It is perfectly acceptable to fíjese que them. “Fíjese que…I was going to come but I didn’t.” Now that you have received that little cultural lesson, I will explain how our whole training process has been one gigantic fíjese que.
FQ Round 1: Congrats! You are going to Honduras! Ahhhh fíjese que…there was a coup, you are going to the DR first.
FQ Round 2: You guys are ready for Honduras! You are flying to Miami first and then straight to Tegus! Ohh fíjese que… the weather was bad/the flight crew was bad/the politics were bad, you guys are staying in Miami for a week
FQ Round 3: Finally! Straight to Tegus! Off to FBT! Time to leave your FBT sites! Fíjese que…you can’t celebrate Independence Day with your families, you will be sitting on a bus back to Zarabanda.
FQ Round 4: Training is almost over! Swearing in on Friday! Ehhh fíjese que Mel’s back and there are all kinds of curfews so your training is extended a week.

One of these days we are going to be real volunteers…I swear.

oh yea...and i am fine and safe and all that stuff...thanks for all the emails :)

No comments:

Post a Comment